Monday, November 17, 2008

Remember when...

We have all said "remember when". Sometimes it is because we don't see the value of something until a long time after it happened. Other times it is because it is a precious time. I was reminded of this the other day.

Ronn and I were on our way to a wedding reception and were early so we stopped at my daughter's house to kill some time. My daughter and husband were still getting ready for the wedding so we were being entertained by the grand kids. My granddaughter was in my lap when my daughter came down the stairs. She looked up and said, "Mama you're a princess!". This was one of those "remember when" moments. It was precious and we will repeat it often in the future.

It really got me to thinking. I began to remember my daughter twirling in a dress with her blond hair flying. She was a little princess all dressed up and enjoying every minute of it. My little princess grew up and on her wedding day she was a grown-up princess in a beautiful white dress marrying her prince. My granddaughter reminded me of my grown-up daughter princess and all of the times in her life which I "remember when".

The prince or princess you have is a gift from God. Enjoy him or her. Treasure your time. Utilize your position as parent to point your prince or princess in the direction of their creator and Savior. The days go by too quickly and we allow so many things to get in our way. It is important to take time with these who are our future. I know that I missed many opportunities to enjoy my children because I simply allowed myself to get too busy or to be impatient. Don't regret! Don't be caught in a position of not enough "remember whens" in your life.

I enjoy my time with my grown-up princess more today than ever. She has grown-up into a godly woman who loves the Lord, her husband and her children. I am so thankful to the Lord for His gift to me.

No comments: