Monday, August 9, 2010

One excuse after another

I have written about my mom before. She has frontal Lobe disorder which is progressing. Now she no longer has any grip on reality. She comes up with her own version of things as well as excuse making. She is really becoming a master at excuses. If she has eaten more than one banana when she claims to have eaten only one and you call her on it. She says to my Dad, "Did someone come in here?" My Dad says, "Sure two or three people." Then she says, "Well of course the bananas are missing." I love to hear what she will come up with next. Her world revolves all around herself and in it she can do nothing wrong.
She obsesses over feeding animals, squirrels, birds and dogs. She can go through $10.00 worth of peanuts in 3 days. She claims that $10.00 worth will last her a month because the squirrels only take one half of a peanut at a time. Priceless....I tell you.
It gives me cause to think about my own excuses. There are things in my life that I don't do and should. Are my excuses valid? Are they even believable? I really don't think I have very good ones. Awwwww.....something else I can learn from my mother even at my age!! I better start paying attention and learn from the master! :)

No comments: