Monday, April 11, 2011

Time for a Breath

It seems like since I returned from a week of additional counseling training in February, I have been on the fast track. I have once again not had the time to write on this blog. So what has happened in all of this time?

1. My daughter and son-in-law bought a foreclosed home in December. They had to be moved in by March 31st. It needed a ton of work so I tried to help out when I had some free time to do so. It is now in very good shape and they are totally moved in. Just 5 minutes from me which makes me smile. :)

2. My counseling load since my return has exploded. This week I have 13 appointments. The amount has been growing weekly. I have asked God, "What are you up to?". It is a good thing I trust in His Sovereignty and know that He knows what He is doing whether I do or not. I am open to where He leads me in this. His path is always good!

There are other things I have been involved in as well but I think those are the two main things that have influenced my last couple of months. Tonight I am taking a breath. I have read a couple of chapters of a very good book on God's design for women, "The True Woman". It was very enjoyable. The other part of the breath is a quick post on my blog. As I exhale I am reminded of the breath of God which brought about the Scriptures. And when God breathes it is important that we listen.

"All Scripture is God-breathed and useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17

No comments: