Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Tooth Fairy Forgets!

On Thursday of last week, Tristan, my 7 year old grandson, lost his front tooth. He was excited about it. I received a picture from his mom on my phone of his toothless smile. Another great event in the life of a child growing up.

Thursday was also the day of the Christmas tea. My daughter came during the evening, sat at my table and we enjoyed the night together. At the end of the evening, there is always the clean up. I am in charge so I am usually cleaning up for over an hour after the event has ended. This year my daughter stayed to help me. We were in my office at around 10:00 p.m. when her husband sent her a text very concerned because she hadn't let him know she was staying. The result was that she went home and then sat and explained to him how she got caught up in helping and forgot to call.

On Friday morning, Tristan came in to his mother and said, "the tooth fairy didn't bring me the money for my tooth." My daughter's response was, "Well you see it was like this. The tooth fairy was at a party last night and stayed too late. She came straight home and talked with her husband so she forgot." As Tristan was just looking at her she added, "My tooth fairy never forgot."

Tristan's response was priceless. He said, "That's because your tooth fairy was a christian!"

Don't you just love that! I do because there is a relationship in his mind with a christian and integrity and follow through. Isn't that the way we are to live our lives as followers of Christ? We need to follow through on things and mean what we say. Thank you Tristan for the reminder!!

No comments: