Saturday, April 4, 2009

Wisdom from Everett

My grandson, Everett, is seven years old. He was recently visiting with us and had a conversation with me about being a Christian. He said the following:

"Grandma, I am a Christian. You can know that Jesus died for your sins but you have to really believe it and tell God you believe it. Then you will be a Christian."

He also said, "When I grow up I am going to be a preacher or FBI."

My grandson is learning a lot about God. He is being taught well by his parents. I am very proud of them. When Everett said these things to me, I let him know that we will be looking for fruit in his life as he grows. He said that he wanted to bring God glory not himself.

Later before we all had lunch together, Everett asked to pray. He prayed beautifully never mentioning the food but thanking God for Jesus and how he paid for our sins. He apologized to God for our continued sin. Then he said this...
"And God our Uncle Gabe is not a Christian. We want him to be a Christian and we will do everything we can to make him a Christian but you have to do it."
I could barely speak after his prayer. No one had mentioned his uncle, my son and yet he remembered him. Isn't that fruit?

Everett wants to do what is right but still struggles as we all do. (see my former post) Through his instruction from home and the Holy Spirit, I believe he has quoted scripture without really knowing it.

Romans 10:9-10, "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord", and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."

Amen and amen...Thank you Everett. God has granted you wisdom. May God grow you up in Him. But whether you are a preacher or FBI or something entirely different, you can honor God with your life. And me??? I will be the proud Grandma.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Today's Rolex would not likely ever put Mickey Mouse or any character on their watches (though leopard print is a different story). So it makes sense that today's brand devotees are skeptical of these timepieces. It has been suggested that all Mickey Mouse dialed Rolex replica watches uk are fakes. Well not necessarily fake Rolex replica watches sale, but rather real ones that have had aftermarket dials placed in the watch. There is actually some merit to this argument because aftermarket Mickey Mouse rolex replica sale do exist. Based on my research however, I would say rolex replica that it looks very likely that rolex replica did have an actual relationship with Disney in mostly the 1960s and 1970s up to the early 1980s. In that time there seems to have been a series of rolex replica sale watches with Mickey on the dial. These appear to be direct homages to the original Ingersoll Mickey Mouse dials. For this reason Mickey's hands look odd.