Monday, January 25, 2010

Another Lesson From Everett

My seven year old grandson, Everett, is always teaching me something. I wanted to pass this on to you. My Dad was having surgery on a Thursday, partial knee replacement. My daughter has all of the kids signed up for an Enrichment program for homeschoolers which meets on Thursday. On Wednesday my daughter mentioned to Everett that the next day would be his class. Everett said, "Family is more important than class." Barb asked him what he meant and he replied, "I can't go to class when my poppie is going to have surgery." With that statement his lip began to quiver as the tears were right at the surface. She promised him to take him over to see his poppie before the surgery and then after. This was satisfactory to him.

A seven year old already understands the importance of family. He knows that we do not need to go after fun for ourselves when there is an important issue taking place in our family. I want to commend my daughter, Barb, and husband, Kalin, for the way they are raising their children. They are training them in the important things of life. The most important thing they are doing is pointing each of their children to Jesus. They incorporate the love of Jesus into their training as they love each child for the glory of God.

Thank you Barb and Kalin for your efforts. Thank you Everett for considering others better than yourself. I heard your lesson and will strive to learn it as I serve my family.

No comments: