Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Badminton, Guitar and God-songs

Sunday afternoon three of my grandkids came home with me after church.  I spent some time talking with my granddaughter, Addy, about what she did in her Sunday School class.  Our Worship Pastor came to her class and gave a short introduction of himself which led into a discussion of gifts from God.  He asked a question about instruments.  Addy raised her hand and said, "I go to my room and play guitar on the badminton racket while I sing God-songs."  I laughed but she was very serious about it and to our Worship Pastor's credit he mentioned it at the end when he was mentioning the gifts that had been shared.  To play the badminton guitar and sing God-songs is what she considers her gift right now.

"Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth!  Serve the LORD with gladness!  Come into his presence with singing!"  Psalm 100:1-2

My dear sweet Addy is doing just that every time she picks up the racket and sings.  When was the last time you just belted it out before the Lord?  When was the last time you lifted your voice in praise to Him?  You see, God has given us a gift, the gift of worship.  It is God we are to worship at all times and in every way.  I don't know about you but I need to remember this and worship Him more.

So the next time I pick up a badminton racket and swing it at the birdie, I am going to think of praising God.  Thank you Addy for giving me another reminder to worship.

"Know that the LORD, he is God!  It is he who made us, and we are his, we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.  Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise!  Give thanks to him; bless his name!  For the LORD is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations."  Psalm 100:3-5

No comments: